Italian School of Cinematography, Reportage and Web-series in St. Petersburg — the project of Italian director Massimo Guglielmi and Russian State Institute of Performing Arts (RGISI) — one of the most famous Russia Theater high schools.
The academic staff of the school includes professionals of the cinema industry and the experts of the highest level from Russia and Italy.
The graduates of the school will recieve a State Certificate of Achievement.
ONLY in our school you have a unique opportunity to participate in all the stages of film production!
THE COURSE STARTS IN AUGUST 2018
You will be able to show your talent in each of these professions
- DOP (operator)
- Sound engineer
- Art director
- Film editor
AUTHOR AND PROJECT DIRECTOR MASSIMO GUGLIELMI, born in Venice, graduated from the University of Bologna (DAMS), a DISCIPLE of Umberto Eco. Film, theater, radio and television Director , Scriptwriter, Producer, created more than a hundred works, a winner of prestigious Festivals and Awards around the world.
Developed and conducted his own author»s workshops and master classes of Directing and Cinematography for public and private Institutions, both national and foreign. One of the winners of the first Solinas Award (1986) with the script «Rebus», written together with Antonio Tabucchi.
As the creator and promoter of the «Intolerance» initiative (an Italian film against racism, presented at the Venice Film Festival), he was nominated for the prestigious Prix Italia Prix International Festival of Radio and Television, the producer of numerous reports and documentaries for Rai, Mediaset, LA7 and SKY. Since 2000 he worked as a screenwriter and director at the European Film and Television Academy «Griffith 2000».
- 1960 ( millenovecentosessanta ) Corto; 16mm; B&N
- Ragazzi a rischio/ Film-tv; 16mm; col;
- Porzioni di cielo con nuvole/ Corto; 16mm col.
- Radio Clip / reportage; betacam,
- REBUS / Lung.35mm;col;dur.1h 55’/v.o.francese/
- GANGSTERS/ lung.35mm;col;/v.o.italiana/
- L’ESTATE DI BOBBY CHARLTON/ lung. 35mm; B&N cinemascope;
- Ritorno a Casa (Coming home) / reportage; betacam,
- Milano 1989-1999: il lungo cammino dell’integrazione” /reportage;
- La morte al lavoro/ reportage, digitalcam/
- Trieste, città di confini/ reportage, betadigitale/
- Chi vuole dimenticare Antonio Russo? / reportage, betadigitale/
- L’INQUILINO DI VIA NIKOLADZE/ Lungometraggio Digitale; col;
- La casa del futuro/ reportage, betadigitale/
- Borgomanero-Tibilisi andata e ritorno / reportage, betadigitale/
- Acido Fenico / video digitale, Special Tv- DVD
- K2 — Il lato oscuro della Luna” / documentario tv/ DVCAM Digitale/
- Underground”/ Programma tv (numero “zero”)
- Pasolini e la morte” / documentario tv/ DVCAM Digitale
- LA PRIMA NOTTE DELLA LUNA — Lung. super35mm; Col. cinemascope/
II° FestRio, Rio de Janeiro’85 (in concorso)
Cinèma Italièn, Annecy’85
Barn-Hoch-Ungdoms Filmfestivalen, Malmoe’86
Festival Cinema Giovani, Torino’86
Festival Internacional de Cine Documental y Cortometraye Bilbao’86
Festival Internazionale di Mosca’90
Festival dei Popoli, Firenze’92
Biennale di Bruxelles’92
Mosca’93 (in concorso)
Berlino’95 (Selezione Ufficiale Panorama)
Premio Selezione David Donatello
(miglior regìa esordienti) 1989
Premio Speciale della Giuria Villerupt‘92
Premio CICAE Annecy‘92
Premio di Qualità 1997
Premio UNESCO al B.A.F.F. 2005.
Premio del Pubblico al B.A.F.F. 2005.
Premio Miglior Regìa al B.A.F.F. 2011.
Premio Miglior Film al SMFF. 2011
Menzione Speciale al Festival “I’ve seen film” di Rudger Hauer /Milano 2011
Training is in Italian, English, Russian & Chinese
Theory and practice
I stage (2 month)
At the first stage, students get acquainted with all stages of film production:
How to turn your idea into a script, how to choose the actors, how to organize a film process. During practical and theoretical lessons, students learn modern art methods for creating movies on examples of the best, documentary, feature films, short films and reports.
- Film Production
- Screenplay Writing
- Film & TV Director
- Photography Director
- Art Director. Costumes and Make-up
- Digital Editing Technology (Final Cut Pro)
II stage (2 month)
Organization and preliminary preparation of approved projects.
From theory to practice: working in a team.
The second stage : under the guidance of curators the students prepare their short films approved by the board.
All entrants will take part as operators, actors, etc. in the projects of their fellow students.
III stage (2 month)
Film Shooting and Editing / post-production.
In the final phase will begin the film shooting . The «footage» material will be edited by students in Apple Final Cut. All works of the students will be included in the full-length film which will be presented at a special screening in St. Petersburg.
A full-length film, as well as individual short films will participate in international Film Festivals.